CYSTEL, LLC and CYSTEL LIMITED, hereinafter referred to as CYSTEL, is committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of individuals. This policy sets out how and why we collect, use, and disclose personal information of individuals who interact with CYSTEL, as well as how we safeguard this information. This policy also covers information that is collected, used, or disclosed through use of our websites, which are available to visitors located throughout the world and operated for different purposes.
Personal information means information that identifies you or could reasonably be used to identify you. Examples of personal information include your name, address, e-mail address, affiliated organization or company name, birth date, age, gender, telephone number, account numbers, profession or specialty, education, or other specific types of personal information. It also includes certain highly sensitive information about an individual, such as race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, medical/health records, credit card information, dietary requirements, and political beliefs. Some kinds of personal information are sensitive personal information. In this policy when we use the term personal information, we include sensitive personal information unless we specifically state otherwise.
Examples of Personal Information relevant to CYSTEL business may include:
- Client or Prospect Information: Name, email address, business address, employer/ company-related information, website registration, subject matter preference information. This information may be found on marketing/mailing/contact lists (e.g., in contacts function of MS Outlook or on a PDA), in corporate data bases, on spreadsheets.
- Event Attendee and/or Sponsor Information: Name, email address, business address, employer/ company-related information, credit card information (in rare instances). This information may be found on registration forms/profiles, attendee lists, business cards, photos, video clips, online streaming.
- Sales Order Fulfillment Information: Name, email address, business address, employer/ company-related information. This information may be found on Sales Order Forms, Inquiry record.
- Third Party Service Provider Information: Name, email address, business address, employer/company-related information. This information may be found in corporate databases.
- Processing: any operation that is performed on Personal Information, whether or not by automatic means, such as collection, recording, organization, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, blocking, erasure or destruction.
- Sensitive Personal Information: a subset of Personal Information, which due to its sensitive nature has been classified by law or policy as deserving heightened privacy protections. Sensitive Personal Information includes, without limitation: race, ethnicity, medical records. As a rule, CYSTEL does not accept Sensitive Personal Information of any class and in kind, shape or form, since it is not needed for our business.
- Third Party or Third Party Service Provider is any natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body outside of CYSTEL that processes Personal Information solely on behalf of and under the instructions of CYSTEL. All such Third Parties agree to collect, safeguard and use the Personal Information in accordance with the terms of this Policy and applicable data privacy laws.
We and our service providers collect any information that you provide when you use the Online Services. For example, when you register for a service, we may collect basic information about you such as your name, username, password, email address, physical address, phone number, and other personal and business demographic or contact information. We use the information we collect and receive from you to provide you with Online Services; to communicate with you; to operate, maintain, and enhance the Online Services; and to fulfill your specific requests. For example, if you send us an email message requesting information about CYSTEL, we will use your email address and other information you supply to respond to your request. If you send us a resume or curriculum vitae (CV) to apply online for a position with CYSTEL, we will use the information that you provide to match you with available job opportunities. Your personal information is not used for other purposes, unless we obtain your permission, or unless otherwise required or permitted by applicable data privacy laws.
- Important information about cookies:
- First Party cookies are set by the CYSTEL Web site you are visiting.
- Third Party cookies are set by a domain outside of the CYSTEL Web sites.
- Persistent cookies remain on your computing device for the period specified in the cookie and are activated each time you revisit the website that set such cookie.
- Session cookies remain on your computing device until you close your browser window, at which point they are automatically deleted. CYSTEL uses cookie technology to enable registered Users (i) to move quickly and securely through access-controlled areas of the Web sites; and (ii) to take advantage of certain useful features on the sites, such as “remember my password.”
- Important information about cookies:
- Email alerts: CYSTEL Users are asked to provide their email address when signing up for email alerts on CYSTEL Web sites.
- Event Registration: Where CYSTEL collects Personal Information for Event Registration, CYSTEL will not disclose such information to any Third Party (other than in connection with administration of the CYSTEL Event) without the registrant’s consent. CYSTEL does not rent, sell or otherwise disclose this collected Personal Information for non-Event-related mailings.
- CYSTEL Web Sites: The CYSTEL Web sites are owned and operated by CYSTEL to deploy the CYSTEL products and services. CYSTEL does not sell, rent or share (outside the CYSTEL family) Personal Information collected on the CYSTEL Web sites. CYSTEL obtains the User’s consent prior to disclosing Personal Information to Third Parties for consumer marketing purposes. CYSTEL Web sites may contain links to other Web sites. CYSTEL is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. CYSTEL Users should be aware when leaving a CYSTEL Web site and should read the privacy statements of the new Web site they enter.
- Purchases & Fulfillment: When CYSTEL Users place an order or register for an Event, additional Personal Information, such as credit card number and expiration date, may in some instances be requested. CYSTEL may also collect additional information about hotel, meal and other travel preferences. This Sensitive Personal Information, which is used solely for confirmation and billing purposes and to service the order, is used only for the purpose identified hereunder and is deleted in a secure and timely manner once that purpose has been served.
- Recruiting: Candidates for employment must provide Personal Information as required by the recruiting and interview process, such as full name and mailing address, personal email address, job resume, photo, references and other employment-related information. This information is retained by CYSTEL only until such time as the successful candidate is appointed, or the unsuccessful candidate requests that CYSTEL continue to retain his/her Personal Information for future opportunities.
- Registration for CYSTEL Web sites: When CYSTEL Users register on CYSTEL Web sites, or for CYSTEL events, or to purchase products, CYSTEL may request certain Personal Information. CYSTEL uses this Personal Information to provide advice and service, as well as to share offers deemed relevant by CYSTEL. In circumstances where data processing is not permitted under local law, CYSTEL requests express consent from the CYSTEL User. CYSTEL may also contact CYSTEL Users regarding Web site problems or other customer service-related issues.
- Social Media: Online social media resources are interactive tools that enable CYSTEL Users to collaborate and share information with others. Social media resources include but are not limited to social networks, discussion boards, bulletin boards, Blogs, Wikis and referral functions to share Web site content and tools with a friend or colleague. Where a CYSTEL User makes specific reference to CYSTEL on a social media resource, CYSTEL may collect the CYSTEL User’s Personal Information. When using social media resources, CYSTEL Users are advised to take care with what Personal Information they share with others. CYSTEL provides additional notice and choices on its Web sites about how Personal Information is collected, used and disclosed with regard to social media resources.
- Usage Tracking: CYSTEL may monitor how Users use its Web sites, including search terms entered, pages visited and documents viewed. For registered Users, this information is stored with their registration information. It is uniquely numbered, and is used solely for purposes of enabling CYSTEL to provide the registered User with a personalized Web site experience. This data may also be used, in an aggregated (i.e., not personally identifiable) format to (i) help CYSTEL understand areas for future research; and (ii) identify appropriate product offerings and subscription plans. This same data may also be used by CYSTEL clients, in a form that is personally identifiable to the specific client, to better understand how their employees are using their CYSTEL subscriptions.
- Choice: We do not share personal information about you outside CYSTEL unless you give us permission to do so or when the law requires it. CYSTEL gives each User the opportunity to opt-out (i) from allowing CYSTEL to disclose his/her Personal Information to a Third Party unless the disclosure is required by law or is for the fulfillment of a contractual obligation (e.g., employment contract) and (ii) from allowing CYSTEL to process Personal Information for a purpose other the original purpose for which it was collected or the purpose authorized subsequently by the User. An “Unsubscribe” link and other identifying information as required by applicable law, is provided in each electronic communication sent by CYSTEL (other than those required by law or to administer a current contract) so that the User may manage their marketing communication preferences to opt-out or otherwise direct the proposed use of their Personal Information.
- Children: CYSTEL understands the importance of protecting children’s privacy, especially in an online environment. In particular, our Online Services are not intentionally designed for or directed at children. It is our policy never to knowingly collect or maintain information about anyone under the age of 18. Cross Border Transfer: CYSTEL may transfer certain PII across geographical borders to other CYSTEL member firms or outside companies working with us or on our behalf. CYSTEL may also store PII in a jurisdiction other than where you are based and such jurisdiction may not provide the same level of protection for your personal information as your home country. By providing your information to CYSTEL, you are consenting to this transfer and/or storage of your information across borders.
- maintain the security and confidentiality of Personal Information;
- safeguard against any anticipated threats or hazards to the security, confidentiality and integrity of Personal Information; and
- protect against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of Personal Information that could result in harm to CYSTEL or CYSTEL Users.
The nature and extent of protection will correspond to applicable local laws and regulations.